Lesson Plan for Grade 1, Technology
Prepared by Natalee Foret
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
The purpose of this lesson is to understand that computers can be used to learn many new things. We must learn to be safe while using computers and protect ourselves as we would in the real world.
(5) Digital citizenship. The student practices safe, responsible, legal, and ethical behavior while using digital tools and resources. The student is expected to:
- (A) adhere to acceptable use policies reflecting appropriate behavior in a digital environment;
(B) comply with acceptable digital safety rules, fair use guidelines, and copyright laws; and
(C) practice the responsible use of digital information regarding intellectual property, including software, text, images, audio, and video.
- Computers can be used to learn new things.
- Computer/ Internet Safety
- What does it mean to be a digital citizen
Gather students together and talk about the ways that we use technology in our classroom and in our school. Discuss the rules of that we follow to protect ourselves in real life and how they relate to the rules we need to follow online to protect ourselves and our information.
Discuss computer etiquette
Passwords and their use
Ad’s and why we should not click on them
Ask and engage students by having them chime in with ideas and relate to personal situations. Create a table on the board categorizing the different topics we discuss and where they fall into digital citizenship, have students draw lines to link topics. Use poster created in Canva to show the topics we discuss in a more concrete form. Hang poster in computer area for a constant reminder.